How to Make Homemade Gummies
Types of Gummies
There are many gummies out there that people love to eat. Gummy bears and gummy worms are a very popular candy treat. Some gummies have extra sugar added to them like peach and apply rings. These gummies have been around for a lot time. Why should you drive all the way to the store when you can make them in your own home? Kids and adults will love this recipe. It's fun and simple to make. Check this recipe out and tell me what you think.
You will want to use any type of silicone mold. Don't do the plastic molds, because the gummies will not be able to come out or keep their shape. There are different shapes and sizes of mold that you can use. You can clean these silicone molds by putting them in your dishwasher. The molds are durable and will last a long time. You can find these molds online.
Your gummies will come out easier with these silicone molds. Purchase these star wars molds and make this recipe fun to accomplish!
- 2 packs Unflavored Geletine
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1/4 cup Corn syrup
- 1 box Jello of any flavor you choose
- In a pot, add cold water and corn syrup.
- Stir until the corn syrup dissolves.
- Add packets of unflavored gelatin to the mixture.
- Add one packet of jello. This packet can be any flavor your choice.
- Stir slowly until all the ingredients turns into a liquid.
- Turn on heat to low/medium.
- Slowly stir so it doesn't burn. Keep stirring until the ingredients turn into a sugary liquid.
- Pour slowly into your molds of choice, find a flat place to lay the molds into the refrigerator. Let it cool for 4 hours and serve.
Pouring into Molds
Pouring this mixture can be tricky. Beware the mixture will be hot when you pour it. Use a bottle with a nozzle to add the mixture to the molds. This can make it a lot easier task to do. Do not pour the mixture straight from the pot unless you want a huge sticky mess to clean up.
Removing the Gummies from the Molds
As you are removing the gummies from the molds, be careful and do it slowly. Once they are out of the molds, put the gummies in a bag. Leave these gummies in the fridge until you are ready to eat them. The gummies might stick to the bag.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Brittany Banks