How to Make Seven-Cup Cake (Burfi)
Seven-Cup Cake (Burfi)
A Mouthwatering Sweet
Occasions, such as festivals, arrival of guests, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc., usually involve making sweets at home. Seven-cup cake is an easy sweet that can be made in very little time.
This cake is made with seven equal measures of the ingredients namely milk, grated coconut, sugar (3 measures), ghee, and gram flour.
This sweet simply melts into your mouth, leaving a trace of yummy flavor. Milk gives it a soft texture, while ghee makes it flavorful. You can store this sweet for a couple of days (approx. seven days) in a closed container.
Now, I share with you a detailed recipe to make this wonderful dessert.
- 1 small cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 small cup grated coconut, If the particles are big, pulse them in a mixer to make them small.
- 1 small cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 small cup milk, boiled
- 3 small cups sugar, I used 2 1/2 cups
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Seven-Cup Cake
- Grease a steel container with ghee. Keep aside. This is for pouring the hot cake liquid.
- Heat a tablespoon ghee in a deep bottomed pan, preferably a non-stick pan.
- Add gram flour. Saute over low heat, until you get a nice aroma. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated coconut. Continue sauteing for a minute. Add milk, sugar, and remaining ghee.
- Keep the heat medium low. Stir the mixture continuously while often scraping the sides to ensure the uniform cooking.
- Cook the mix until it becomes thick and leaves the bottom, forming a single lump.
- Quickly, turn off the heat and transfer it to the greased container. Pat it lightly with the help of a spatula to make it flat.
- Cut it to your desired shapes, such as diamond or square, with the help of a knife when it is warm.
- Separate the pieces, once it becomes completely cold.
- Enjoy eating these yummy 7 cup cakes!