Elizabeth loves finding and sharing ways to get creative in the kitchen.
How to Make Fried Oreos Without a Deep Fryer
This fried Oreos recipe is quick and easy. No deep fryer or funnel cake mix is needed. You can get a plate of state fair or boardwalk-style fried Oreos in minutes using the recipe below.
These are a really tasty treat or dessert. They may not be the healthiest, but they're delicious nonetheless! They are also super fast and easy to prepare. Fried Oreos may sound odd to those who have never tried them, but trust me when I say they are delicious!
- medium-sized pot
- small bowl
- 1 (18-ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 10.6 OZ Bisquick shake & pour buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 small bag powdered sugar
- vegetable oil
- Add oil to a medium-sized pot to a depth of about 3–4 inches or until about half of the pot is filled, then heat to medium-high.
- Prepare the Bisquick shake & pour mix. Add the recommended water amount directly to the Bisquick bottle and shake. I usually pour it into a small bowl or measuring cup so that it’s easier to coat the Oreo cookies with once it's mixed.
- Using the tongs, coat the Oreo cookies one at a time in the pancake mix, then carefully place them into the heated oil. Fry each side about 30 seconds to 1 minute each or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oil and place fried Oreos on paper towel covered plate. Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Sprinkle fried Oreos with powdered sugar and enjoy!
TheOOFSTER on June 12, 2019:
Oof these look awesome!!!
Tara on October 07, 2015:
I made them yum yumie!!!
Larry Rankin from Oklahoma on June 10, 2015:
Looks tasty. I'll have to give this recipe a try.