I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Crunchy Pineapple Fritters Recipe
Fritters are deep-fried snacks that usually consist of batter-coated meat, seafood, vegetables, or fruit. Their flavor may be savory or sweet. In this recipe, I'm sharing my all-time favorite way to prepare canned pineapple slices. This juicy and crunchy pineapple fritter recipe flavored with cinnamon sugar is a dish that everyone can enjoy as a simple snack or dessert.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 10 pineapple slices
For the batter:
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 large bowls
- 5 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Frying pan
- In a bowl, mix white sugar with cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Dilute dry mix into the water. Set aside.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pot.
- Dip the pineapple slices into the batter one at a time. Fry until golden brown.
- Toss each fried battered pineapple slice into the bowl of the sugar and cinnamon. Mix to coat.
- The fritters are ready to serve!
Tips and Techniques
- If you're running short on time, you can use a store-bought batter mix rather than making it from scratch, as the recipe above advises.
- For a stronger flavor, adjust the amount of cinnamon powder.
- Serve pineapple fritters immediately while still crunchy.
- Try using other fruits. Try our eggless tropical fruit fritters.
© 2020 Travel Chef