Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
I have a sweet tooth, and chocolate cake is one of my favorite treats. I have made this particular cake many times when I've had a craving for something chocolaty. Sometimes, I make this while watching TV—and I can usually make it and finish eating it before the commercials are over. It is perfect! I sit down and enjoy the cake with a glass of milk or coffee.
I love this quick and satisfying dessert. Try it yourself, and serve it to your friends and family, as well. I'm sure they will love it!
- 1/4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon whole milk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate candy
- In a microwavable mug, add in all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Using a fork, combine all the ingredients, and mix together well.
- Then add all the wet ingredients: melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla. Using the same fork, stir the ingredients. Make sure there's nothing stuck on the bottom because you want the batter to be smooth and even.
- For extra filling inside the chocolate cake, add the semisweet chocolate chips on top. It will create a moist center because the chips will ooze into the middle of the cake.
- Microwave for about 1 minute and 15 seconds, and you will be amazed at the result.
- Enjoy the freshly baked chocolate cake with some chocolate drizzled on top or whipped cream.
© 2017 Liza