How to Make Cashew Barfi or Kaju Burfi Sweets
An Overview of Making Cashew Barfi or Kaju Burfi
This cashew barfi recipe is very easy and simple. You have to soak cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain the water. Grind it into a paste, adding very little water. Heat a tea spoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Pour the cashew paste. Add sugar. Stir-cook on a very low fire till the mix becomes thick and holds together as a lump. Add a tea spoon ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
Spread it on a greased plate. Smoothen the surface with a plastic sheet. Alternatively, you can roll it with a rolling pin to make it even. Cut it in diamond shapes with a sharp knife when it is still warm. Your favorite cashew barfi is ready to eat!
- 1 cup cashews, whole or broken, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup or less sugar
- 2 cardamom, powdered
- 2 tsp ghee, for the barfi and for greasing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Cashew Barfi or Kaju Burfi
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain it. Grind cashews adding just enough water. Make the paste a little coarse.
- Grease a steel plate. Keep aside.
- Heat a tea spoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Pour cashew paste. Add sugar. Stir-cook the mix on a very low fire. You have to stir it continuously, so that it won't burn in the bottom.
- Add cardamom powder when it becomes thick. Transfer it to a greased plate when it comes together as a lump. Smoothen the surface with a plastic sheet or roll it with a rolling pin to get an even surface.
- Cut it into desired shapes when it is still warm.
- Cashew barfi is ready! Eat and relish the taste.
A few Tips for Making Perfect Cashew Barfi
1. To make the barfi a bit firm, add a tea spoon of corn flour or all purpose flour to the cashew paste in the final stages of cooking.
2. Make coarse cashew paste.
3. You can add some essence to the paste to change the aroma.
4. Once I got soft cashew barfi. You have to stir-cook the paste till it comes together as a lump. Then only you will get firm barfi.
Nutritional Information of Cashew Barfi or Kaju Burfi
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 9 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 25 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|