How to Make Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
- 1 graham crust pie shell
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup pecans
- chocolate syrup
- Add 1/2 a cup of miniature marshmallows to the bottom of the graham crust pie shell and spread evenly.
- Add 1/4 cup of pecans and spread evenly.
- Blend 2 cups of softened chocolate ice cream in the blender. Blend until smooth and easy to pour.
- Pour the ice cream into the pie shell. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. (it is normal for the marshmallows and pecans to possibly rise)
- Create layers of chocolate and caramel ribbons over the pie. The syrup ribbons will begin to slightly sink into the different levels of the pie. I like to create criss cross swirls from one end to the other and then I alternate between the chocolate syrup and caramel.
- Place the pie on an even surface in your freezer and freeze for at least 1 hour. Slice with a warm knife and serve. Delicious!
Tip: Cover the pie with freezer wrap if you will be freezing your pie for more than an hour. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on your pie.
The wonderful thing about ice cream pie is it is easy to add ingredients that you would like to enjoy with your ice cream.
Toppings and Additions:
- candy bar chunks
- cookie pieces
- candy pieces
- brownie pieces
Ice cream variations and ideas:
- fresh fruit with vanilla ice cream
- fresh strawberries with strawberry ice cream
- peppermint pieces with vanilla ice cream
- eggnog flavored ice cream—lightly dust with nutmeg
- Have fun with liquors. Just add one jigger of a flavored liquor to your ice cream blend. Here are a few to choose from: KAHLÚA®, Bailey's®, Southern Comfort® or another liquor of your choice.
Have fun and get creative!
© 2012 Marisa Hammond Olivares