Easy to Make Recipe: Cut Out Sugar Cookies
My great-grandmother shared this recipe with my mom when she was a young girl and I've passed it down to my daughters who will someday pass it on to theirs.
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have over the years.
TIP: Add a little more flour to make the dough stiffer in order to roll out and make cut-out cookies.
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream together sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time while stirring.
- Stir in baking powder and salt.
- Mix in vegetable oil and stir well.
- If making cut-out cookies, add a little flour to stiffen the dough.
- Drop by teaspoon on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If making cut-outs, roll out dough with rolling pin and then use desired cookie cutter shape before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles if desired.
Rate this Recipe
Here's the Icing Recipe for the Sugar Cookies
- Buttercream Icing Recipe Like Mom Makes
If you've ever wondered how to make that homemade buttercream icing like mom used to make then you'll want to check out this recipe.