Easy to Make Recipe: Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Perfect for Any Occasion
Sugar cookies are perfect for any occasion; birthday parties, school parties, holidays, and even as a way to say thank you. The best part of cut-out cookies, you can shape them to be anything you want to be! My great-grandmother shared this recipe with my mom who passed it down to me. I've passed it down to my daughters who will someday pass it on to theirs. Did I mention this makes great family memories too?
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have over the years.
TIP: Add a little more flour to make the dough stiffer in order to roll out and make cut-out cookies.
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream together sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time while stirring.
- Stir in baking powder and salt.
- Mix in vegetable oil and stir well.
- If making cut-out cookies, add 1/2 cup flour to stiffen the dough.
- Drop by teaspoon on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If making cut-outs, roll out dough with rolling pin and then use desired cookie cutter shape before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles if desired.
Rate this Recipe
Here's the Icing Recipe for the Sugar Cookies
- Easy to Make Recipe: Buttercream Icing
If you've ever wondered how to make that homemade buttercream icing like mom used to make then you'll want to check out this recipe.