How to Make Dragon Fruit Sauce
Depending on where you live, dragon fruit might be one of the most expensive fruits in the world. In Southeast Asian countries, where it is locally grown, it might cost around $5 to $6 per kilo (about 2 to 3 fruits). In countries where the fruit must be imported, however, it can be much more expensive.
Dragon fruit is not quite as sweet as many other fruits, but I love its taste and texture. I decided to create a recipe for a sauce that I could use anytime, in a variety of different ways. I have used it in drinks; for example, I have added it to my ginger tea. I have also drizzled it on top of ice cream and pancakes. The sauce is quite versatile; you can add it to anything you like!
If properly stored inside your refrigerator, this sauce may last three or so months.
The recipe requires only three ingredients to make, and it's very tasty. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups dragon fruit, mashed (at least 2 to 3 medium-sized fruits)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- potato masher
- sauce pan
- cooking spoon
- bottle or dispenser
Dragon Fruit Sauce Step-by-Step Procedure
- Combine dragon fruit and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over the low heat.
- Stir the mixture until it comes to a boil.
- Add vanilla extract. Continue stirring to prevent burning.
- Let it cool before putting it in a blender.
- Blend the mixture until achieving the desired texture.
- Transfer the dragon fruit sauce to a sealed container for future use.
Tips and Techniques
- Use dragon fruit sauce as a topping, flavoring, etc.
- Add more sugar if desired.
- Adjust the amount of vanilla extract if using a brand with strong vanilla essence.
- For a thinner consistency, add more water.
- If you prefer to maintain the texture of the dragon fruit, don't use a blender.
Other Interesting Dragon Fruit Recipes
- How to Make Dragon Fruit (Pitahaya) Jelly
Flavor your jelly with the taste of dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or pitaya. Not only is this fruit delicious, but it also offers lots of health benefits. Loaded with fiber, this fruit is recommended for those having bowel movement trouble.
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade
Have you ever tried dragon fruit, also called pitahaya? It's one of my favorite fruits! This is my recipe for dragon fruit apple lemonade.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef