I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Jelly From Dragon Fruit
Jelly, or gelatin, is a dessert made with sweetened or unsweetened collagen from animals. A vegetarian form can be made from seaweed.
Dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or pitaya, is a fruit from a cactus family that is usually found in Southeast Asia, Australia, and the United States. This fruit offers many health benefits, which is why I like to eat it. It cleanses my stomach within a few hours after consumption.
I decided to create a new recipe with this fruit that will satisfy my sweet tooth, something that I can enjoy as a snack or dessert. Follow my easy steps for making dragon fruit jelly at home.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 3 dragon fruits (pitahaya)
- 1 pack (25 grams) unflavored red jelly powder
- sugar, for cooking the jelly
- water, for cooking the jelly
Read More From Delishably
- 2 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- potato masher or fork
- jelly molder (optional)
- Scoop out and mash the dragon fruit in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the jelly mixture according to the package instructions (the amount of sugar and water required will be specified by the package instructions).
- Allow the gelatin to cool a bit. Add the mashed dragon fruit.
- Place the dragon fruit jelly mixture into a bowl or jelly molder.
- Place the jelly in the refrigerator to make it firm.
- Serve as a snack or dessert. Best served cold.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the sugar when cooking the jelly based on the sweetness of the dragon fruit.
- Use jelly or gelatin molder to come up with a beautiful presentation.
- Dilute the jelly powder and sugar into the water before allowing it to boil. This will avoid any lumps into the mixture.
- For a firmer jelly, reduce the amount of water.
- Choose red color unflavored jelly for a brighter color of dragon fruit jelly.
More About Dragon Fruit (Pitahaya or Pitaya)
More Dragon Fruit Recipes
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Sauce
Are you a dragon fruit lover? Make a delicious dragon fruit sauce that you can use as a dessert topping or drink flavoring.
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade
Have you ever tried dragon fruit, also called pitahaya? It's one of my favorite fruits! This is my recipe for dragon fruit apple lemonade.
© 2018 Travel Chef