How to Make Dragon Fruit (Pitahaya) Jelly
Jelly From Dragon Fruit
Jelly, or gelatin, is a dessert made with sweetened or unsweetened collagen from animals. A vegetarian form can be made from seaweed.
Dragon fruit, also known as pitahaya or pitaya, is a fruit from a cactus family that is usually found in Southeast Asia, Australia, and the United States. This fruit offers many health benefits, which is why I like to eat it. It actually cleanses my stomach within a few hours after consumption.
I decided to create a new recipe with this fruit that will satisfy my sweet tooth, something that I can enjoy as a snack or dessert. Follow my easy steps for making dragon fruit jelly at home.
- 3 dragon fruit (pitahaya)
- 1 pack (25 grams) jelly powder
- sugar, for cooking the jelly
- water, for cooking the jelly
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- potato masher or fork
For Cooking the Dragon Fruit Jelly:
For Presenting the Pitahaya Jelly:
- jelly molder (optional)
- Scoop out and mash dragon fruit in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook jelly mixture according to package instruction.
- Allow the gelatin to cool a bit. Add the mashed dragon fruit or pitahaya.
- Place the dragon fruit jelly mixture into a bowl or jelly molder.
- Keep the jelly inside the refrigerator to make it firm.
- Best serve when cold as a snack or dessert.
Tips and Techniques
- Adjust the sugar when cooking the jelly based on the sweetness of the dragon fruit.
- Use jelly or gelatin molder to come up with a beautiful presentation.
- Dilute the jelly powder and sugar into the water before allowing it to boil. This will avoid any lumps into the mixture.
More About Dragon Fruit (Pitahaya or Pitaya)
3 Interesting Dragon Fruit Recipes
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Sauce
Are you a dragon fruit lover? Make a delicious dragon fruit sauce that you can use as a dessert topping or drink flavoring.
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Apple Lemonade
Have you ever tried dragon fruit, also called pitahaya? It's one of my favorite fruits! This is my recipe for dragon fruit apple lemonade.
- How to Make Snackable Dragon Fruit Coolers
Have you wondered if it's possible to combine a snack and a drink in one? It is possible! Try this refreshing and easy-to-make recipe for snackable dragon fruit coolers. Enjoy!
© 2018 Travel Chef