How to Make Easy Oven Rice Pudding
This rice pudding recipe is one that I learned from my dad. We would have rice pudding regularly as a dessert during the cold winter months, and I would always look forward to it immensely. I took this recipe to university with me, and since then, this recipe has been described as "like having a hug on the inside."
It can be served as-is, hot out of the oven, or it can be cooled and served with fruit. This guide has many serving suggestions to suit any mood that you could be in.
- 200g Rice, (Washed and Drained)
- 100g Sugar
- 1.4L (1400ml) Milk
- Nutmeg and Cinnamon, (To Taste)
- Preheat oven to 150C (300F) [or 130C (270F) for a fan oven].
- Butter a heatproof baking dish.
- Tip in the rice and sugar, then stir through the milk. Sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours (or until rice reaches desired softness and consistency).
My Photos From When I Last Made Rice Pudding
- Stirring Nutella or melted chocolate into the rice pudding when it comes out of the oven will give you a decedent chocolate rice pudding.
- If you omit some of the sugar in the recipe you can then sweeten it with honey when you are serving it.
- You can put this rice pudding in the fridge to cool it, and then can be served with berries or apple as a refreshing treat.
Thank you for reading this article, if you try this recipe then please do comment below and let me know how it went. Enjoy!
What Do You Think?
Share Your Opinion
Do you prefer your rice pudding hot or cold?
Questions & Answers
© 2017 VerityPrice