My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Fritter refers to any fried and battered fruit, meat, seafood, or vegetable. The taste of this dish may be either sweet or savory. The batter I used for this recipe is my four-ingredient crispy batter recipe, but I needed to replace the salt with sugar to complement the sweetness of the fruit. This eggless tropical fruit fritters recipe has a crispy outside and a bit mushy with a bite inside. Enjoy it as a dessert or a snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 + 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 12 pieces banana, mashed
- 12 pieces jackfruit (flesh enclosing the seeds), sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (for dusting)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder, (for dusting)
For Preparing the Eggless Batter:
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 4 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Cooking the Bananas and Jackfruit Mixture:
- Chopping Board
- Large Bowl
- Masher or Fork
For Molding the Tropical Fruit Mixture:
Read More From Delishably
- Small Muffin Pans
For Cooking the Eggless Tropical Fruit Fritters:
- Frying Pan
For Dusting the Finished Product:
- Large Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Mash bananas and slice jackfruit. Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mold mixture into small muffin pans. Allow it to freeze to hold its shape. This should take approximately 4 hours.
- Prepare the batter before removing the mixture from the freezer. Mix all-purpose flour, water, coconut flakes, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer. Dip into the prepared batter and fry.
- Strain excess oil. Toss the fritters into the sugar and cinnamon powder mix.
- Serve while still hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Freeze the bananas and jackfruit mixture to hold its shape while coating it with batter.
- Add a dash of any kind of rum into the tropical fruit mixture for more flavor and aroma.
- Increase the amount of cinnamon if preferred.
- Use powdered sugar when making the dusting mixture to create a finer texture.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top to give extra sweetness.
© 2018 Travel Chef