How to Make Graham Balls Stuffed With Marshmallows
Graham crackers are a popular type of cracker in the United States. In addition to the traditional graham cracker flavor, the brand has launched new flavors like honey and chocolate.
Graham crackers are often eaten on their own as a snack, but they can also be used as an ingredient in many dessert recipes. Some of these recipes include bonbons, cheesecake, cookies, pies, and tiramisu.
Let me show you how I make my graham crackers stuffed with marshmallows using only three ingredients. This is an ideal snack or dessert that you can serve any time of day.
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 6 marshmallows, small
- 1 tablespoon graham crackers, crushed, for coating
- Cooking oil, as needed
- 3 medium bowls
- 1 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Mix all the ingredients except for the 2 tablespoons crushed graham crackers.
- Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (This step will make the mixture easier to handle.)
- After an hour, start molding the graham balls. Scoop out 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Form a disc shape out of the crushed graham mixture. Make sure that the size is enough to stuff the marshmallow.
- Stuff the marshmallows. Cover it with the mixture.
- Shape the graham balls into golf balls.
- Roll into the remaining crushed graham crackers. Use cupcake liner to hold the graham balls stuffed with marshmallows.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining mixture.
Tips and Techniques
- Apply oil to your palms to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Keep the mixture inside the refrigerator before molding to make it easier to handle.
- Replace half the amount of condensed milk with cream to achieve a different flavor.
- Coat the graham balls stuffed with marshmallow using sprinkles, melted chocolate, or any topping you prefer.
More Sweet Treats
- How to Make Three-Ingredient Pastillas: A Filipino-Inspired Delicacy
Have you ever tried pastillas? Pastillas are a famous milk-based sweet from the Philippines. This is a no-cook variation on a traditional pastillas recipe.
- How to Make Pastimallows
Have you ever heard of pastimallows? It is a combination of pastillas and marshmallows. Try this famous milk-based sweet delicacy with a twist that originated in the Philippines.
© 2018 Travel Chef