How to Make Gram Flour Sweet Balls or Besan Ladoo
Besan ladoo are delicious traditional sweets that are popular even today. Making them is very easy, plus they're healthy and delightful. You need only a few ingredients for this recipe. This sweet is made of gram flour, ghee, sugar, and cardamom.
An Overview of Making Gram Flour Sweet Balls:
To start with, you have to saute gram flour in ghee till you get a nice aroma. Turn off the fire. Add powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and some more ghee. Mix well. Make balls by rolling a fistful of the mix into a ball while it is still warm. Press your palms together a little as you roll it so that it gives the dough a round shape. Keep aside, and let it cool. They become firm after some time. Besan ladoo are ready to eat! They are fragrant and pleasing to eat. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Making Besan Ladoo
- 1 cup gram flour(besan), sieved
- 3/4 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup or less ghee or clarified butter, or as per need
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Gram Flour Sweet balls or Besan Ladoo
- Heat 4 tablespoons of ghee in a deep-bottomed pan on very low fire. Add sieved gram flour. Saute till you get a nice aroma. Ensure that it is not burning on the bottom. This step may take about 4-5 minutes with a low fire. Add some ghee if the mix looks too dry. Turn off the fire.
- Add sugar powder and cardamom powder when it is very hot. Mix well.
- You should start making balls when the mix is warm, and you're able to handle it.
- Take a fistful of the mix, and press it gently in between your palms while you roll it to get a ball shape. If you find it difficult to make a ball shape, drizzle few drops of ghee on the mix to make it wet.
- Make all the balls while the mix is warm. Then set them aside to cool.
- The mouth-watering besan ladoo is ready to eat. Enjoy eating them.
Nutritional Information of Gram Flour Sweet Balls or Besan Ladoo
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|Sodium 28 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|