I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Cinnamon-Flavored Crunchy Apple Pie
These mini apple pies are delightful desserts that everyone will love. They are crunchy and delicate on the outside and juicy and delicious on the inside.
With the perfect blend of apple, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and all-purpose flour, these pies are quick and easy to make. You can make them even more quickly if you buy ready-made flour tortillas from the grocery store—or you can make them from scratch, as I did here.
These tangy, sweet, and crunchy apple pies will win your heart. Now, let me share the recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
10 mini pies
For the stuffing:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- salt 1/2 teaspoon, to taste
- 2 cups apple, washed, peeled, and cut in 1-cm cubes
For the crust:
- 1 small cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/4 teaspoon oil
- Pinch salt
- oil, for deep-frying
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar (mix sugar with some cinnamon powder)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, for the batter
- Pinch salt, for the batter
- Wash, peel, and cut the apples into 1-cm cubes. Keep aside.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, add butter, sugar, cinnamon powder, and salt. Heat it.
- While adding a very small amount of water, saute the mixture over medium heat.
- When the sugar melts completely, add the apple cubes. Continue to cook the mixture until the apple shrinks and the mixture becomes semi-solid.
- Turn off the heat and set the pan aside to cool. This mixture is the stuffing for making the pie.
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, and oil. Adding water little by little, make a smooth and firm dough. Allow the dough to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, gently knead the dough once again. Divide the dough into three portions. Shape each of them like a patty.
- Roll each of patty with a rolling pin until it is as thin as a tortilla. Lightly heat each dough round in a pan (this helps make it firm). Now, cut each dough round into 2-inch diameter discs.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour with some water to make a thick batter. This batter is for sealing the edges of the tortillas.
- Now, start making each pie. Take a small disc in your hand. Place a teaspoon of stuffing in the center. Ensure that there is a gap of 1 1/2 inches between the edge and the stuffing.
- Top it with another disc. Seal the edges with the batter. Similarly, make the rest of the pies.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying. Keep the heat medium. Fry the pies in moderately hot oil. Don't overcrowd them. Fry both sides until they turn golden brown.
- Remove them and place them on an absorbent paper. Repeat the same with the remaining tortillas and the stuffing.
- When hot, sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on both sides.
- Enjoy the crunchiness and taste of these yummy mini apple pies!