Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
During the hot summer months, I love cooling down with a tall glass of iced coffee—but I also love having a sweet treat to go with it, like a cupcake. Yesterday I decided to bake vanilla cupcakes; but rather than just making them plain, I jazzed them up with strawberry preserves inside and vanilla frosting on top. They turned out delicious!
When baking cupcakes, one of the most important things is the moisture content, which helps the cupcakes stay soft, fluffy, and moist. How many times have you had cupcakes that are too dense and heavy? One of the reasons for this problem may be overmixing the batter. Another reason may be related to the temperature of the ingredients. It's important to make sure that the butter, eggs, and milk are at room temperature. When it comes to baking, following the recipe instructions exactly is critical to ensuring a good outcome.
By the way, if you're filling the cupcakes after you bake them, the first step is to allow the cupcakes to reach room temperature. If they're too warm, the filling is going to be affected. Take a break and let them cool for 45 minutes to an hour. Like other cupcakes, they don't take very long to bake—just 18-20 minutes depending on your oven.
Perfect for a Summer Treat
These vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make, and they are a perfect summer treat for you and your family. Imagine by sitting on the porch on the afternoon, sipping some cool iced coffee and eating these yummy, sweet, and fluffy cupcakes! I hope you will try this recipe and that you will like these delicious vanilla cupcakes as much as we do!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Read More From Delishably
Serves: A dozen or more
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar (add another 1/2 cup if you prefer more sweet)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the decoration:
- Vanilla frosting (I used ready-made)
- Strawberry preserves (or any kind you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard-sized cupcake tray with baking papers. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk or spatula to stir well. Set aside.
- Combine the butter into the dry mixture. Beat them together with a mixer at medium speed.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Continue to beat until blended.
- Combine the milk and water into the flour mixture. Beat the mixture for a few minutes or until it is combined.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to fill each cupcakes cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the cupcakes on a wire cool rack. Let completely cool before decorating.
- Remove the center with a cupcake corer or a nozzle of each cupcake.
- Fill a piping bag or resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped off with jam. Squeeze a small bit of jam into each cupcake.
- Use a frosting spatula or palette knife to spread the frosting on each cupcake.
- Top with fresh raspberries on each cupcake.
- Enjoy with iced coffee or tea!
© 2019 Liza