A Recipe Passed Down
The recipe for this deliciously rich peanut butter pie came from my great-grandmother, and it’s been handed down through the years. Though the recipe has changed a bit over time, it’s always remained a staple in my family. You can’t stop at just one piece—and who would want to with a pie this good?
- 1 cup Peter Pan peanut butter (creamy or chunky, depending on your liking)
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 1 (8-ounce) package of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 (8-inch / 6-ounce) Oreo pie crust
- 1 (6.5-ounce) can Reddi-Wip Original (optional topping)
- 1 (1.5-ounce) Hershey milk chocolate bar (optional garnish)
- 1 (24-ounce) bottle of Hershey chocolate syrup (optional garnish)
- 1 large bowl and spoon
- Cheese grater (for optional chocolate bar garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese. Stir until fully combined.
- Fold in the Cool Whip a quarter tub at a time (do not overmix).
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Optional garnishes: Add a healthy layer of Reddi-Wip and a few drizzles of chocolate syrup. Carefully shave the desired amount of chocolate bar over the pie for a sweet decoration.
After the pie has chilled in the refrigerator for at least four hours, it's ready to serve. Slice, eat, and enjoy!
© 2020 Laura Zellers