How to Make Polvoron Using Your Favorite Crackers
Polvoron is a popular shortbread in Spain. It has a soft crumbly texture and sweet buttery taste. Back then, this was only served during holidays. Nowadays, different varieties of polvoron are available on the market.
I made my own version of polvoron using my favorite crackers and added some chopped nuts to make it crunchier. This recipe is absolutely delicious and affordable that everybody will surely enjoy!
- 1 cup crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup milk, powdered
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, toasted
- 1/4 cup nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1 Large Bowl
- 4 Medium Bowls
- 1 Small Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Polvoron Molder
- Cellophane Wrapper (optional)
- Combine butter and sugar. Stir the two ingredients together to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Mold the mixture into bite size pieces using a polvoron molder, if possible.
- Wrap each piece with a cellophane wrapper, if necessary.
Tips and Techniques
- Substitute nuts with other ingredients such as dried fruits, cookies, etc.
- Cream butter with sugar to lessen its grainy texture.
- Use a small cupcake pan as an alternative to mold the polvoron.
- Allow it to set inside the refrigerator before serving.
- Add a pinch of salt to make it a little bit salty.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan