Janisa is a language enthusiast with a passion for food and traveling. She spends her time learning languages, planning travels and cooking.
Easy Apple Dessert Recipe With Just a Few Ingredients
Unexpected, unwanted, hungry.
Dinner isn't a problem, you can always order a pizza, and it'll get there before your guests do. But what about dessert? One of the best parts of going over to someone's house is homemade dessert, at least in my opinion. Even if it's something widespread such as cupcakes or apple pie, everyone has their own way of preparing it. And pastries hot from the oven are heavenly!
This simple apple pie uses only four very basic ingredients, ingredients that you most likely have any time of year. Takes just minutes to prep, a bit longer to bake and will be ready before your guests are even ready for dessert!
Just Four Ingredients
I found this recipe in my mother's recipe book, who in turn got it from her mother, who learned it from her mom in a time of poverty in the Soviet Union. Only the simplest ingredients were available, and even those weren't too accessible at times. However, even that didn't stop people from coming up with easy creations to satisfy their sweet tooth and impress neighbours.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 6–8 people
4 Simple Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 4 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
That's all you need for a delicious pie! These may look like ingredients for apple pancakes, but this pie tastes much better than that!
Picking the Perfect Pan
A shallower pan is best for this recipe; I strongly advise you against using a loaf pan or the pie will take forever to bake and parts of it may end up getting burnt.
5 Simple Steps!
- Preheat oven to 325 F, maybe even less if you're using a thicker pan. Grease the pan with butter.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples. Whether you want to leave them as thin slices or cut them up into smaller pieces is totally up to you. Place the apples into the pan, spreading them around the entire surface evenly.
- Place the other three ingredients in a bowl. Stir with a spoon for a bit so that the flour doesn't fly up into your face when you turn on your electric mixer.
- Mix on high for around 3–5 minutes. Pour over the apples, making sure to cover them all.
- Place into the oven for 25–35 minutes. The pie is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top isn't sticky.
Rate This Simple Apple Pie!
Questions & Answers
Question: Instead of greasing that baking pan, can you use parchment paper?
Answer: Yes, parchment paper is an option as well.