How to Make Sukhdi (Wheat-Flour Jaggery Dessert) in Twelve Minutes
A Mouthwatering Dessert In Twelve Minutes
Yes. I was also wondering how anybody could make a dessert in such a short time. My doubt remained until I made Sukhdi a few days back. Now, I know that you can make Sukhdi in twelve minutes! This recipe requires only three ingredients.
There isn't a dessert recipe simpler than this! Sukhdi is a very healthy and delicious sweet. You make this sweet with wheat flour, ghee, and jaggery. Wheat flour is high in vitamin E, calcium, folic acid, zinc, fiber, and iron. It gives strength to your bones. Ghee is packed with fat-soluble vitamins. It helps in healthy weight-loss. It also helps to strengthen your bones. Jaggery acts as a detoxifier. It is loaded with antioxidants and minerals.
Sukhdi is very crunchy and aromatic. It just melts in your mouth.
Here, I share with you a detailed recipe below!
- 1/3 cup ghee(clarified butter)
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup jaggery, powdered
- 2 pinches cardamom powder, optional, I used, gives nice aroma
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Sukhdi
- Grease a plate well with ghee. This is for setting the dessert. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Let it melt. Keep the heat medium low.
- Add whole wheat flour. Saute until the flour mixes well with the ghee and gets roasted.
- This step takes about six minutes.
- In the last stages of sauteing, wheat flour changes its' color and becomes light golden brown.
- Also, the mixture becomes somewhat porous. Ghee starts showing up on the edges. You feel the mix is very light compared to earlier.
- At this point, turn off the heat. Add jaggery powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix very well. The heat in the mixture is enough for combining the jaggery.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased plate. Lightly press with a cup or spoon to make the mixture flat and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Let it cool down a bit. When it is warm, cut it to desired shape and size, such as square, diamond etc.
- You can serve it warm. Else, separate the pieces when it completely cools down.
- Sukhdi tastes the best when served warm.
Nutritional Information of Sukhdi
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 8 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|