Eggless Banana Cake
We all know that bananas are very healthy. People also love bananas because of their unique taste and the deliciousness they add to desserts. This cake recipe is great when you have over-ripe bananas at home, and you don't know what to do with them. Another advantage of this recipe is that it is perfect for vegetarians and people who don't eat eggs! Let's get started.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
Instructions for Making the Cake
- Take a large bowl and sift the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder, and the baking soda. Mix them together with a spatula.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt to this mixture and mix well.
- Add all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix them. Add the vanilla essence to this.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients bowl while mixing them together with a spatula to avoid lumps in the mixture. Taste the batter to make any desired changes.
- Preheat the oven to around 200 degrees Celsius and lightly grease the cake pan. Mine was around 13 inches in length and about 6 inches in width.
- Take some extra wheat flour to lightly spread around the pan. Then remove the excess flour from the pan.
- Pour the prepared batter in the pan and carefully place it in the hot oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check if the cake is ready by inserting a skewer or a toothpick in the cake. If the cake does not stick to the toothpick, it means it's ready to be taken out.
- Cool the cake, and enjoy.
This cake turns out very light and fluffy. It is a perfect cake to be served at your tea parties or with ice cream. If you are not a fan of bananas, although the combination of bananas, vanilla, and chocolate is just heavenly, you can try adding some other flavorful ingredients such as oranges.
Do give this vegetarian recipe a try. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
© 2017 PGupta0919