How to Make an Eggless Banana Cake
Eggless Banana Cake
We all know that bananas are very healthy for us. People also love bananas because of their unique taste and the deliciousness they add to desserts. This cake recipe is great when you have over-ripe bananas at home, and you don't know what to do with them. Another advantage of this recipe is that it is a perfect for vegetarians.
Let's get started.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 medium size ripe banana
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
Instructions for the Cake
- Take a large bowl and sift the flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder, and the baking soda. Mix them together with a spatula.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt to this mixture and mix well.
- Add all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix them. Add the vanilla essence to this.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients bowl, while mixing them togther with a spatula to avoid lumps in the mixture. Taste the batter to make changes if any.
- Preheat the oven on at around 200 degree celsius and lightly grease the cake pan. Mine was around 13 inches in length and about 6 inches in width.
- Take some extre wheat flour to lightly spread around the pan. Take off the excess from the pan.
- Pour the prepared batter in the pan and carefully place it in the hot oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check if the cake is ready by inserting a skewer or a toothpick in the cake. If the cake does not stick to the toothpick, means its ready to be taken out.
- Cool the cake, and enjoy.
This cake turns out so light and fluffy. It is a perfect cake to be served at your tea parties or just like that with ice cream. If you are not a fan of bananas, although the combination of bananas, vanilla, and chocolate is just heavenly, you can try some other ingredients such as oranges.
Do give this vegetarian recipe a try. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.