Having eaten my fair share of rocky road over the years, I find this recipe is the one I keep coming back to!
Who Doesn't Love Rocky Road?
Since I was a young girl, my father made all kinds of rocky road. From him, I learned the techniques of melting the chocolate, toasting the nuts, and chopping the marshmallows and other goodies (and sampling the leftovers!).
After many cooking sessions, this particular recipe has become is my favourite.
Amazing Reviews From Family and Friends
The best rocky road can be made with the simplest of ingredients, producing an eye-catching result. This recipe combines the rich flavours of chocolate with the sublime flavours of marshmallows and coconut, making it an irresistible dessert or teatime accompaniment. It always gets amazing reviews from family and friends and is often requested at gatherings and events.
- 2 blocks milk chocolate
- 1 block dark chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups rice crisps
- 100g hazelnuts, crushed
- 1 large bag marshmallows, chopped
- 140g coconut
- Place hazelnuts in a frypan and toast for a few minutes. Chop when cooled.
- Combine chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to form a bain-marie and stir the chocolate until melted. Alternatively, melt chocolate in the microwave for 20-second bursts, stirring in between until melted.
- Add marshmallows, rice crisps, coconut, and hazelnuts to the chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour rocky road mix into a greased tin and refrigerate until set.
The Possibilities Are Endless
The great thing about rocky road is that you can add ingredients to suit your tastes. Here is a list of other mix-ins that could be substituted or added:
- Almonds, chopped
- Sultanas, chopped
- Soft jellies, chopped
- Chocolate bars, chopped
- Chocolate beanies
- Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Glace ginger, chopped
These are only a few options. The combinations are endless. Have fun creating your very own version!
© 2020 Sunnylisa