How to Make Christmas Chocolate Balls
This delicious, sweet recipe comes from the island of Malta. Here on the islands of Malta, these chocolate treats are usually associated with Christmas, but they can be made year-round. It's a no-cook, easy recipe that uses just five ingredients and a blender!
- 300 grams chocolate covered digestive biscuits
- 200 grams walnuts, weighed after shelling
- 10 ml honey
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powdered drink, like cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
- 10 ml whiskey or rum
- Put all the dry ingredients into the mixer and pulverise.
- Once the mixture turns to a sand-like consistency, add the honey and the whiskey.
- Turn on the mixer again to blend all the ingredients.
- Form balls with the mixture by hand. You should make around 30 bite-sized balls.
- Allow to set and harden for a few hours before serving.