Easy Dessert Recipes: Fruit and Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Easy Dessert Recipes
Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
This is one of the best dessert recipes I have created. It is easy and fun to make and tastes great. You can add other ingredients and create your own ice cream fruit sponge cake. Step by step instructions with videos and photos so you can follow the recipe easily.
- 1 Packet of trifle sponge
- 2 Large oranges or 3 satsumas
- Tin of pineapples
- Raspberry Jam – Jelly
- 2 Bananas
- Large tub of creamy ice cream
- Bar of chocolate
- 2 flake chocolate bars
- Double or whipping cream
- Cling Film – Saran Wrap
- Large Bowl
- You can use other fruit in this cake too if you wish
Preparation of Bowl
Add the cling film - saran wrap, around the edges of the bowl. Make sure to leave enough room at the top so that once the ingredients have been added you can finish off by wrapping it completely over the top of the cake too.
Easy Dessert Recipe
Adding the Ingredients
- Cut the sponge in half and again in half sideways. This will give you the correct size to fit around the outside of the bowl. Make sure to keep some for the top of the cake too.
- Spread the jam onto the sponge pieces.
- Using the jam side up place the pieces at the bottom of the bowl and then around the sides.
- Put in one whole pineapple slice at the bottom centre and then add smaller pieces of pineapple around that.
- Add ice cream.
- Add another layer of pineapples with some orange segments and banana sliced pieces
- Add some more ice cream.
- Continue to do this until you reach the top.
- Finish off by putting the remainder of the sponge on top of the cake.
- Press down hard to make it all compact.
- Pull over the cling film to completely cover the top.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for at least three hours.
This cake can be made weeks in advance because it can stay in the freezer for quite a while until you are ready to eat it.
Easy Dessert Recipe
Ice Cream Fruit Cake Dessert
- Take out of the freezer at least two hours before you plan to eat it.
- Remove the cake from the bowl and put on a large plate.
- This is made easy because of the cling film.
- Leave in the fridge for an hour and outside on the counter for the last hour.
Preparations for Serving
- Whip up the cream and leave in the fridge.
- Break up the chocolate bar into a bowl and place over a pan with boiling water. Add half a cup full of hot water to the chocolate and stir as it melts.
- When it has completely melted pour it over the top of the cake.
- Cut the cake into pieces and add to small serving plates.
- Crumble some chocolate flake on top and add some whipped cream to each slice.