Rachel loves simple recipes, especially when the results are delicious and loved by the whole family. This recipe fits the bill.
Why a Lemon Cake?
There are some desserts that are great for warming you up on a cold winter night. This lemon cake, with its citrusy and delightful burst of flavor, is one of those desserts. The lemon filling finds its way to the bottom of the cake during the baking process, and that makes it even more delicious. A scoop of homemade cream served alongside pushes it over the top.
Why lemon? Lemon flavoring goes with warm tea, which warms you up in the winter. Think of other lemony recipes, as well—including lemon juice sprinkles on hot breaded pork chops or breaded veal chops, and lemon rind sprinkles through a warm slice of pound cake. Need I say more?
This cake is actually served warm; hence the title. I hope you get to enjoy this recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 10 min
Read More From Delishably
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 (3.4-oz) packages Jello-O instant pudding, lemon flavor
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on the package. Then, pour the batter into a 13 x 9" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- With a whisk, beat the dry pudding mixes, granulated sugar, milk and water for 2 minutes. Pour this mix over the batter in the pan.
- Place the baking pan on a rimmed baking sheet. (The baking sheet will catch any sauce that might bubble over the sides of the pan during baking.)
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes. (The sauce will sink to the bottom and thicken slightly as it cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
© 2020 Rachel L Alba