How to Make a Lemon Lush Dessert
Spring Time Dessert?
Anytime I hear "lemony," I think spring. I guess because the pretty, little, yellow fruit comes out in the spring and summer, in the South especially. But is this the only time you can or should make this luscious dessert? No, not at all. You can have lemon lush anytime you want to.
In fact, my daughter requested this instead of the traditional birthday cake for her birthday, which is in January.
There is a diner near us that has this on their menu all the time. They make it right on the premises, and it's very popular. Anytime you hear someone ordering dessert, you hear the words, "Lemon lush, please."
Not hard to make, so give it a try and I'm sure you won't be sorry.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 16 oz. Cool Whip, Defrosted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 boxes lemon instant pudding, made to directions and refrigerated
- 1st Layer: Mix butter, flour, and 3/4 c. pecans together and press into the bottom of a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 2nd Layer: Blend in a large bowl the cream cheese, sugar, and 1 cup Cool Whip until creamy and spread over 1st layer.
- 3rd Layer: Spread prepared lemon pudding over the 2nd (cream cheese) layer.
- 4th Layer: Spread the rest of the Cool Whip over the top of pudding layer and top with remaining pecans. Refrigerate!