Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
Lime and Coconut: Yum!
To celebrate the end of summer, I decided to treat my family to my favorite summer cupcake: lime and coconut with vanilla frosting. The recipe is simple, and you'll be amazed by the fluffy cake with smooth and light frosting.
Lime and coconut is the perfect combination. Have you ever tried these two flavors together? If not, give these cupcakes a try. I'm guessing you'll love them!
If you prefer cakes to cupcakes, you can pour the batter into a cake mold and bake it as a whole cake.
Let's see the full ingredients.
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 50-60 minutes
Serves: 12 or more
Read More From Delishably
For the cupcakes:
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar (add 1/2 cup more if you prefer it to be sweeter)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip or 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- Freshly sliced lime
- Freshly grated lime zest
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a standard-sized cupcake tray with baking papers and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, virgin coconut oil, whole milk, lime juice, and lime zest. Use a hand mixer to whisk at low speed. Mix until all ingredients are combined, then set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to incorporate the ingredients evenly.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. At this point, you can use a whisk to prevent overmixing.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to fill each mold in your cupcake tray.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the cupcakes on a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before decorating.
- To make the frosting: In a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Remember to start the mixer at low speed, as the powdered sugar might splatter. Cream for 5 minutes or until it's well combined.
- Add the cool whip or butter and vanilla extract into the mixture. Mix until it's light and fluffy. Cool the frosting in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before assembling.
- Start decorating each cupcake's top to your liking with frosting.
- Top each cupcake with sliced lime and lime zest or shredded coconut.
- Enjoy cupcakes with your favorite drinks!
© 2020 Liza