Lucious Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
What Is Dump Cake?
Dump cakes are becoming very popular partly thanks to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman from the Food Network channel.
The filling is the first layer, then you simply dump a box cake mix on top of it, followed by what ever topping you want, and finish it off with squares of butter on top of that. You can use whatever combination you want: cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix, pineapple pie filling with white cake mix; get the picture? Try your favorite combinations, and see what you can come up with.
This recipe is pumpkin pie filling with a yellow cake mix and chopped pecans. Sounds so simple, and it is.
The only thing I changed is that I eliminated the cloves in the recipe. I simply don't like cloves in anything. So whenever I see them in a recipe, I don't use them.
Give this a try, and you won't be sorry. My son in law doesn't like pumpkin pie, but loves this cake dessert. There is a buttery crunch on top that makes all the difference.
Serve it warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream or even cold from the refrigerator or room temperature. It's that good.
- 30 oz. can pumpkin
- 16 ox. can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, ginger, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13" pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix and chopped pecans on top.
- Cut butter thin and cover all over cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour and serve warm with whipped cream. (See text above for additional ways to enjoy this dessert). Enjoy!
Photos of Pumpkin Pecan Dump CakeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Questions & Answers
Can I print Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake recipe?
Yes you can.
© 2017 Rachel L Alba