Luscious Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe With a Pineapple Frosting
Mandarin Orange Cake Recipe With Pineapple Frosting
Mandarin orange cake is also called a Pig Pickin' or Pig Lickin' cake! I guess it was named that because you make a pig of yourself eating it!
This cake is so moist, creamy, and filled with distinct flavors of mandarin oranges and pineapple. The recipe is made easy with a cake mix and mandarin oranges. It's deliciously topped with a lightly sweeten frosting made with cool whip, pineapple, and instant pudding.
This scrumptious dessert will be enjoyed for any occasion, a superb choice for a birthday cake!
Gather The Ingredients
Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small can mandarin oranges and juice
- 1 stick margarine
Instructions for Making Mandarin Orange Cake
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (325 degrees Fahrenheit for dark pans)
- Beat with an electric mixer in a large bowl, the cake mix, canola oil, eggs, mandarin oranges, and the margarine
- Beat on low-speed for 30 seconds to mix, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into the greased or sprayed a 13-inch x 9-inch pan.
- Place cake in the preheated oven, bake for 35 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake come out clean.
- Set the cake aside to cool, about an hour.
- Or you can make a layered cake by pouring into two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes.
Mandarin Orange Cake Makes a Awesome Birthday Cake
Ingredients for Pineapple Frosting
- 1-6-ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 1-8 ounce Cool Whip
- 1-16 ounces can crushed pineapple and juice
Instructions for Making Pineapple Frosting
- In a medium bowl stir together the crushed pineapple and instant pudding. Gently fold in the cool whip, spread on the cooled cake.
- Keep the cake refrigerated.
Video on How to Make Cool Whip Frosting
I love the cool whip frosting because it had a lighter taste and is not so sugary sweet! This frosting is like the cakes you buy at the supermarket bakery.
Do you like a citrus flavored cake?
Video Making A Pig Pickin' Cake Recipe
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Margie Lynn