Easy Macaron Filling Recipes
Now that you have made your beautiful macarons, here are some ideas for fillings. You can always use Nutella for a quick and easy filling or cream with jam. For something a little bit different, just have a look below; try the Mango Ganache first and let us know how you get on!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: For approx 16 Macaroons
- 1 Ripe Mango, Chopped
- 150g White Chocolate
- Chop Mango into pieces and puree until smooth. Press puree through a sieve and put 120g into saucepan.
- Melt White Chocolate over a double boiler
- Heat the Mango puree until hot and pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth. Put bowl in refrigerator until firm enough to hold shape.
Rasberry Butter Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Cream
- 11/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup of soft butter
- 4 Tablespoons Rasberry Jam
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Blend together the butter and half of the sugar. Add in jam, cream and vanilla extract.
Gradually add the rest of the sugar until the mixture is soft enough to sandwich two macarons together.
Vanilla Butter Cream
- 1/3 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 11/2-2cups of confectioners sugar
Beat all the ingredients together till soft and creamy but stiff enough to use on your Macarons.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 4oz Dark Bitter Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter cubed
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl
- Heat cream in a small saucepan
- Gently stir in chocolate
- Let it stand for one minute
- Add the butter and mix until very smooth
- Put in the refrigerator until thick enough to spread on chocolate macarons
Orange Cream Filling
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 small tub cream cheese softened
2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
zest of an orange
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To a small saucepan add the sugar, orange juice, orange zest and orange extract and heat and reduce mixture until it becomes a thick syrup.This will take about 6-7mins. Cool this syrup completley.
In another bowl whip up the cream cheese and butter and vanilla extract. Then add the cooled syrup mixture and fold in. Put the filling gently onto your prepared orange macaroons. Enjoy!
Macaron baking Mat
Silicone baking mat with measurements. Ideal for baking Macarons.
Oven and microwave safe