How to Make My Mimi's Strawberry Cake
Growing up, we had homemade meals every night, and if we were lucky, we'd have homemade desserts too. One of my favorites was my Mimi's homemade strawberry cake. And I ask for it on my birthday to this day. So I thought I'd share the recipe with you!
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Box Strawberry Jello
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 Eggs, Separated
- 1/2 Cup Diced Strawberries
- Add ingredients in order, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites separately until stiff.
- Fold into mixture after adding strawberries.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes in a long pan.
- To make frosting, mix 1 Box of white powdered sugar, 1 stick of butter, and 2 cups of strawberries. Mix until fluffy.
- Frost while cake is still warm.