Char is a creative writer, artist, and inventor—in and out of the kitchen.
Raspberry Pie Filling
This can of pie filling has been in my cupboard since the last time I tried to experiment with pie filling. The last attempt was raspberry pie filling, mixed with lemon pie filling, and made into some sort of cake mix. The whole intent was to have something that resembled the raspberry lemonade drinks we get at the restaurants that we frequent.
So, now, my plan was simply to use up the can of raspberry.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can Raspberry Pie Filling
- 1 package Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 can Cream Cheese Frosting
Read More From Delishably
- Mix cake mix according to box. I used 3 egg whites, a cup of water, a 1/3 cup of oil and the cake mix. I used my mixer to mix it together, and it took 2 and a half minutes to completely mix.
- I preheated my oven to 350. I sprayed my 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Was supposed to sprinkle flour in the bottom, but did not.
- I poured half my cake batter into the pan and put all of the pie filling on it. I then took a fork and swirled the pie mix around and then, poured the rest of the cake mix on top. I had some small chocolate chips and poured the entire bag on the top of the cake. Then, I decided to fold the cake around the chips.
- Then, I baked this for 45 minutes. My first piece was taken out minutes after it came from the oven, and I put a glop of cream cheese frosting on the piece. It melted off, but I started to eat it anyways. It was delicious..
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 9 x 13 pan