Buttercream Icing for Sugar Cookies
My mom has been a master cake maker for as long as I can remember.
She's made more wedding cakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes and character cakes than you will ever need in your lifetime.
This is her own recipe and can be used for cakes, cut out sugar cookies, wacky cake and much more!
As you see in the photo, you can also make the buttercream icing any color you want by adding food color; the more the darker.
And not to worry, no matter how much food coloring is added, the icing will still taste like buttercream.
Get creative and have fun!
- 1 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Crisco
- 2 lbs. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Food Coloring
Rate this Hub
- Cream butter and Crisco together.
- Add powdered sugar, a little at a time.
- Add milk by teaspoon until you achieve the consistency you desire.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir well using a hand blender or mixing bowl.
- Add food color to achieve the color you want the icing to be.