Mom's Cooking: How to Make Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies from Scratch
These are really good cookies that are very easy to make. The cookies in the picture have some sprinkles mixed in with them, but it's really up to you if you want to add those. Also feel free to add more walnuts and chocolate chips if you want, but one cup of both is still good.
It's easy to binge on these things so eat with caution!
- 1 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix the brown sugar with the granulated sugar. Add the butter as well.
- After everything is mixed up pretty well, add the two eggs. Also add the vanilla. Mix, and then stir in the flour. Mix again, and then stir in the baking powder. Once again mix everything together.
- Add in the salt along with the baking soda. Mix all of this together until it is soft and creamy.
- Finally take the walnuts and chocolate chips. Dump them into the bowl once again mixing everything together.
- On an ungreased baking sheet place a tablespoon of the mix until you can't fit any more. Make sure you leave a small bit of room for the cookies to spread!
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. When you check on them make sure the edges are lightly brown before taking them out of the oven.