Who doesn't like mom's cooking? I recreate mom's best recipes and share them with you here.
These are really good cookies that are very easy to make. The cookies in the picture have some sprinkles mixed into the dough, but it's up to you if you want to add those. Also feel free to add more walnuts or chocolate chips if you want, but one cup of each is still good.
It's easy to binge on these things so eat with caution!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Enough to feed a lot of people!
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix the brown sugar with the granulated sugar. Add the butter as well.
- After everything well mixed, add the two eggs. Also add the vanilla. Mix, and then stir in the flour. Mix again, and then stir in the baking powder. Once again mix everything together.
- Add in the salt along with the baking soda. Mix all of this together until it is soft and creamy.
- Finally take the walnuts and chocolate chips. Dump them into the bowl once again mixing everything together.
- On an ungreased baking sheet place a tablespoon of the mix until you can't fit any more. Make sure you leave a small bit of room for the cookies to spread!
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. When you check on them make sure the edges are lightly brown before taking them out of the oven.
Faith Reaper from southern USA on October 25, 2016:
Yum, just in time for the upcoming holidays. Thank you for sharing. I like that it is easy, yet so delicious.
Kyriaki Chatzi on October 25, 2016:
That is a super easy recipe! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for sharing!