Mom's Super Moist Banana Cake
Mom's Banana Cake
My mom is a wonderful cook and baker. She taught me many recipes over the years, but this banana cake recipe is the one that I cherish the most.
Whenever I bite into this moist, delicious cake, I am immediately brought back to my childhood. The sweet aroma of this cake baking in the oven would draw everyone in the family together in the kitchen, where we shared many happy times together.
My mom always said that baking is very artistic, and that it requires a lot of patience. She also said that if you cooked from the heart, the end result would always come out well and taste great. From her, I learned that baking is a labor of love that should be passed on from generation to generation.
She also reminded me that cooking is a great way to take a break from my busy life at work. She said it helps mental health by providing a creative outlet to channel energy and productively express emotions.
This homemade banana cake is truly a family favorite. I always look forward to going back home when I have the chance. When I do, the sweet aroma of this cake always welcomes me back.
Try making this cake and share it with your family!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed bananas, about 3 to 4 medium-sized ones (add 2-3 tsp. lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil, evaporated milk, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix till combined. You can use an electric mixer you wish.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
© 2020 Ron