Who doesn't like mom's cooking? I recreate mom's best recipes and share them with you here.
This chocolate fudge recipe is great for the holidays or for any old day. The chocolate melts in your mouth, and the walnuts give it a crunch that makes you come back for more! I remember my mother making this when I was a little kid, and it would always be around for Christmas. I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
18-24 pieces. Depends on how you cut it.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12-ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips, the butterscotch chips, and the sweetened condensed milk in a pan. Melt them all together, stirring frequently.
- Once they are all melted, take the pan off of the heat and turn your burner off.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add the walnuts. You can use one cup of chopped walnuts or two cups. It's really up to you, but one cup is usually enough.
- Mix everything together as best as you can.
- Grab the 13x9 inch pan that you will use to spread the mix around in. Make sure you butter the bottom of the pan so your fudge doesn't stick!
- Wait for it to cool before putting it into the refrigerator. After a few hours in the fridge, you can chop it all up anyway you like.
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on October 12, 2016:
This looks yummy and I love chocolate desserts! Loved the pictures and the instructions are very helpful.
Thanks for sharing this mouth watering recipe from your Mom's kitchen!
Faith Reaper from southern USA on October 12, 2016:
I love fudge and this recipe fits the bill because it is so creamy, chocolate, delicious and easy! Thank you for sharing your mom's recipe.