Mom's Cooking: Make Chocolate Fudge From Scratch
This chocolate fudge recipe is great for the holidays or for any old day. The chocolate melts in your mouth, and the walnuts give it a crunch that makes you come back for more! I remember my mother making this when I was a little kid, and it would always be around for Christmas. I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do!
- 1 whole bag (12oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 whole bag (12oz) butterscotch chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips, the butterscotch chips, and the sweetened condensed milk in a pan. Melt them all together, stirring frequently.
- Once they are all melted, take the pan off of the heat and turn your burner off.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add the walnuts. You can use one cup of chopped walnuts or two cups. It's really up to you, but one cup is usually enough.
- Mix everything together as best as you can.
- Grab the 13x9 inch pan that you will use to spread the mix around in. Make sure you butter the bottom of the pan so your fudge doesn't stick!
- Wait for it to cool before putting it into the refrigerator. After a few hours in the fridge, you can chop it all up anyway you like.
Which kind of fudge to you prefer?See results without voting
More by this Author
A great turkey meatball recipe that is easy to make.
Rice and kielbasa dinner!
Good cookies that you can't stop eating!