Mrs. Field's Secret Cookie Recipe: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
Mrs. Field's $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
These cookies are stuffed with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, oat flour, and pecans. You may add other flavors by changing or adding nuts or other ingredients. You can make a big batch or small batch and watch them disappear.
My sister Joyce loves this cookie and puts in a request for them when she comes to visit. I make a large batch at Christmas for gifts for the family. I like to make large size cookies, using golf ball sizes of dough! Yes, I am from Texas and we like being generous with size!
Mrs. Field's Cookie recipe is rumored to cost $250.00 to get the ingredients to make these cookies. The lady buying the recipe thought they meant $2.50 until she received her charge card bill!
Small Batch Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oatmeal, blended in blender until powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces milk chocolate Hershey bar, grated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put small amounts of the oatmeal in a blender; blend until it turns to powder; set aside.
- Grate the Hershey bar in a blender or by hand; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl; cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl mix the oatmeal powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and pecans; mix well.
- Roll into small balls, place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 6 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Makes about 80 small cookies.
Large Batch Ingredients
- 2 cups butter
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups oatmeal, blended in a blender until powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 8-ounce milk chocolate Hershey bar grated
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups pecans, chopped
- 24 ounces milk chocolate chips
Mix and follow the instructions for the small-batch cookie recipe above. Makes 300 cookies.
Tips From Margie Lynn
- You can make cookies into golf ball size for a large cookie, you will need to bake longer.
- I cut back on chocolate chips to 3 ounces and 12 ounces, just my preference.
- Mix and match the baking chips, choose flavors you like, peanut butter, white chocolate.
- Use your favorite nut instead of pecans.
- I use a small scoop to dip cookies instead of rolling into balls, for large cookies.
- Store in tins or zip lock bags; the one in bags are softer cookies.
- This cookie freezes well.
Favorite Baking Chips!
What is your favorite baking chips for a cookie?
© 2016 Margie's Southern Kitchen