My Mother's Pear Salad Recipe
One of my favorite foods to eat is my mother's pear salad. What's not to like? Who doesn't like pears, cream cheese, Jello, or Cool Whip? We usually make it for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Everyone loves it. You can make this pear salad anytime.
- 1 package (3 oz) lime Jello
- 1 3/4 cup Pear Juice
- 1 quart Pears, cut in chunks
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 pint Cool Whip
- Add water to pear juice to make 1 3/4 cups. Heat the mixture in a saucepan on the stove. Pour the juice and water mixture into the lime jello.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and then place into jello. Then use an electric mixer on slow until the cream cheese is all broken up.
- Cut the pears into small pieces and put it in the mixture. Stir.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator until it sets a little.
- Stir the cool whip into the mixture. Make sure you put it in the refrigerator to chill until it is solid.