These cookies are my absolute favorite cookies to make. When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I would make these 2 - 3 times a week! You must make sure you follow the directions if you want them to turn out right. You will love these yummy cookies!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Depending on size, about 40
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, Unsalted
- 3 Cups Old Fashion Oats
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter, Creamy
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper or parchment on the counter or a baking sheet. This is where you will put the cookies to cool.
- In a big pan over medium-heat, add the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally. After it has came to a boil, start the timer for 1 minute.
- These next steps must be done quickly, if not done quickly the mixture will cool to fast, and the cookies wont turn out. Remove pan from heat, and add in the peanut butter and vanilla, and stir to mix it all together. Then quickly add in the oats and continue to stir to mix it all together again.
- Next you take spoonfuls, about a tablespoon or so, and place on the wax paper to let cool. The cool down time usually takes about 30 - 60 minutes.
- Now all that is left is to enjoy the yummy cookies! And of course clean up. :(