Nutella, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip Sandwich Recipe
Nutella and Peanut Butter Tea Sandwiches
Peanut Butter Sandwich
Elevate your peanut butter sandwich to dessert status by turning it into a Nutella, peanut butter, jam and chocolate chip sandwich! This decadent treat is easy to make and is especially fun as a tea sandwich.
I used flax seed and wheat bread, but you can use any bread you like, including white bread. To make it easier to assemble and work with, start with frozen bread. It will thaw as you work and be ready to eat by the time you are done.
Cut the crusts off the bread, but if you hate the waste, save the crusts and make breadcrumbs or croutons out of them later.
Use room temperature Nutella, and never microwave it. If you store your Nutella in the refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature before you begin.
Peanut Butter Tips
I used Trader Joe's peanut butter, but this recipe isn't fussy so you can use your favorite. I prefer using Skippy brand peanut butter when making this sandwich for friends because the taste is familiar to them and because it tastes great with chocolate.
Chocolate Chip Tips
Use mini chocolate chips with this recipe. Regular or large sized chips don't seem to stay stuck to the sandwich. They also don't melt as quickly as mini chips.
When melting mini chips in the microwave, watch carefully! They go from melted to burned in seconds. If you've never melted mini chips before, use the old-fashioned way, over a pan of very hot water.
Best Peanut Butter Sandwich
- 2 slices Bread
- Peanut Butter
- Jam or Jelly
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided use
How to Make a Nutella, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Sandwich
- Trim crusts from two slices of bread.
- Spread Nutella on one slice of bread, set aside.
- Spread peanut butter on second slice of bread.
- Dollop jam or jelly onto peanut butter side of bread and spread jam to edges of bread.
- Place slices of bread together with spread between, making a sandwich.
- Cut sandwich into quarters.
- Place 1/4 cup of mini chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals until chips are melted and glossy. Take care not to burn or scorch chips. (Alternatively, melt chips over very hot water by placing bowl of chips into a second, larger bowl of hot water. Stir until melted.)
- Working with one quarter sandwich at a time, spread melted chocolate over top half of sandwich quarter. Cover sides as well, but you don't need to cover the bottom of the sandwich with chocolate.
- Pour 1/4 cup chocolate chips on cutting board or plate and press sandwich quarter into the chips so that the melted chocolate part is covered by chocolate chips. Repeat with remaining sandwich quarters.
Nutella Tea Sandwich, Step by Step
Nutella is a brand-name hazelnut and chocolate spread made by the Ferrero company. It spreads like peanut butter and is sweet to the taste. Two tablespoons of Nutella contains about 200 calories.