Orange Pistachio Butter Biscuits
Gourmet orange pistachio cookies
These gourmet cookies (or biscuits to all our English family and friends) have a beautiful aromatic taste. These are cookies that impress, and yet you don't have to be an expert to make them. Once you have tried one, you will keep going back for more!
Orange and pistachio is a great flavour combination; however, you can use the basic recipe and start experimenting with other flavours.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Zest 1 orange
- Yolk 1 large egg
- Pistachio nuts Quantity desired, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F In a food processor combine the flour, sugar, salt & butter. Mix until a breadcrumb texture is obtained. Pour the mix into a large bowl.
- Add the zest of the orange. Break up a small handful of pistachio nuts and add to the crumb mix.
- Add the yolk of a large egg and mix well with hands to combine the dough. If the dough is difficult to bring together due to dryness, add another yolk and try again.
- Once combined together as a dough, roll out to 5mm thick. Cut out and place on a silicone sheet on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 mins depending on your oven.
- Remove when the biscuits are colouring slightly. Place on cooling rack before storing away.
- Change the flavour combination to your own choice. Try, Chocolate chip, Cranberry,Peanut & fudge chunks, Lemon zest, Almond.
- Make a ginger variety using candied ginger and a small amount of powdered ginger.
- Store in an airtight container when cooled. Eat within 5 days for freshest experience.
- Freeze for up to 9 weeks.