When I was young and just getting into baking, my first project was shortbread. This recipe is always a winner with family and friends.
Gourmet Orange Pistachio Cookies
These gourmet cookies (or biscuits, to all our English family and friends) have a beautiful, aromatic taste. These are cookies that impress, and yet you don't have to be an expert to make them. Once you have tried one, you will keep going back for more!
Orange and pistachio is a great flavour combination; however, you can use the basic recipe and start experimenting with other flavours.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Using 3" cutter produces around 30 cookies
Read More From Delishably
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest 1 orange
- Yolk 1 large egg
- Pistachio nuts, quantity desired, chopped
Making Your Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter. Mix until a breadcrumb texture is obtained. Pour the mix into a large bowl.
- Add the zest of the orange. Break up a small handful of pistachio nuts and add to the crumb mix.
- Add the yolk of a large egg and mix well with your hands to combine the dough. If the dough is difficult to bring together due to dryness, add another yolk and try again.
- Once combined together as a dough, roll it out to 5 mm thick. Cut out and place them on a silicone sheet on a baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 mins depending on your oven.
- Remove them when the biscuits are colouring slightly. Place them on a cooling rack before storing away.
- Change the flavour combination to your own choice. Try chocolate chip, cranberry, peanut and fudge chunks, lemon zest, and almond.
- Make a ginger variety using candied ginger and a small amount of powdered ginger.
- Store in an airtight container when cooled. Eat within 5 days for the freshest experience.
- Freeze for up to 9 weeks.