Peanut Butter Cookie Crispies
This recipe comes from my husband's grandma. These cookies were always his favorite growing up and they have become a favorite in our house. They are delicious, crispy, and full of peanut butter flavor!
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
Yield: Approximately 4 dozen cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beat.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring well. I find that after stirring in all of the dry ingredients, it is best to use your hands to kneed the dough and make sure everything is mixed in well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press the back of a fork, dipped in flour, onto each dough ball to make a criss-cross.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes—until lightly brown.
These cookies are great for a snack or as dessert. Because they are so filling, you could even have one or two for a quick breakfast on the go!
Tip: these cookies taste even better the day after you bake them!
Try this recipe out, rate it below, and leave a comment to let me know if you liked the cookies!
Rate these cookies!
More by this Author
A classic recipe with a twist for chocolatey goodness in every bite!
Quick and easy homemade old-fashioned biscuits that the entire family will enjoy!
Homemade vanilla pudding just like grandma used to make! 5 simple ingredients is all you need to make this delectable dessert!