Athlyn Green enjoys whipping up tasty dishes in her home kitchen. She's received many requests for her recipes and is happy to share.
I first tasted pineapple delight at a potluck. The creamy taste was the perfect finish to our barbecue. I wasn't sure what this slice would be like but it looked intriguing and tasted wonderful! And I just had to have the recipe to add to my stash of tried-and-true dessert dishes I make again and again.
I found out who had brought the dessert to the potluck and I got the recipe and tried it at home, and it was every bit as good.
The slightly exotic flavor of this dessert makes it perfect for summertime get-togethers or for whenever you want a creamy-tasting delicious dessert.
Pineapple delight should be made in an oblong dish, so that it can be cut into squares. And if you have a dish that has a snap-on lid, all the better.
Step 1: Make the Crust
- 2 cups crushed graham wafers
- 1/2 cup (scant) melted butter
- Mix wafers and butter thoroughly.
- Separate 1/2 cup to sprinkle over the top of the dessert.
- Press mixture into a 9"x12" to 9"X13" oblong pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 300°F.
- Cool completely.
Read More From Delishably
Step 2: Make the Icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- enough milk or cream to make the icing spreadable
- Combine the first three ingredients and mix well.
- Add just enough milk or cream to make the icing spreadable.
- Spread over completely cooled graham crust.
Step 3: Make the Filling
- 1 (fat) tin of crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1/2 pint (or more) whipping cream
- Whip cream until stiff and in peaks.
- Fold in pineapple carefully with a spatula.
- Spread this mixture over the icing layer.
Step 4: Add the Crumb Topping
- Top pineapple delight with the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and chill in the fridge overnight so that slice sets and the flavors combine.
Another Pineapple Dessert Recipe
- Glazed Pineapple-Coconut Cake
Glaxed pinapple-coconut cake is easy to make and delicious. You ice this cake while it is still warm with a glaze icing. A great recipe.
© 2009 Athlyn Green