Pineapple and Sago Dessert Recipe
Pineapple and Sago Dessert
This pineapple and sago dessert is different from usual desserts. My children love it. They love its pearly, slimy texture. I bought a pineapple from the farmer's market. Making this fruit dessert was fun. My son liked the chilled dessert so much.
I made this dessert as a semi-solid. If you want it to be more solid, you can simmer it down to the desired consistency and keeping it in the refrigerator while it sets. Eat it in whatever form you like; it is an awesome dessert. Simple ingredients like sago, pineapple, milk, sugar, and condensed milk are used while making the dessert.
- 3/4 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sago, boiled
- 3/4 cup milk, boiled and cooled
- 1/8 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup sugar, or as per taste
- 2 cardamom, optional, crushed/powdered
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Pineapple and Sago Dessert
- Chop pineapple into half centimeter cubes. Heat a pan. Add one tablespoon sugar and half a glass water. Cook pineapple till soft and dry. Keep aside.
- Boil sago with enough water, till it turns transparent. Drain the water. Keep aside.
- Boil milk in a pan, simmer it for 5 minutes. Add sugar and condensed milk. Keep stirring for some time, until it becomes moderately thick.
- Add sago. mix well. Simmer for 8 minutes or till the content gets a creamy texture and reduces in volume. Switch off the fire. Let it cool completely.
- Pour pineapple pieces. Throw powdered cardamom(optional). Give a quick stir. Cover it and keep aside for a few minutes to set.
- Pour the dessert into a serving glass. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled Pineapple and Sago dessert!
- Keep watching sago while cooking. Cook it till transparent. If you overcook, it turns mushy.
- This dessert tastes better when it is cold.
- Serve the dessert in a glass bowl for awesome presentation.