How to Make Easy Pomegranate Ice Cream
How to Make Pomegranate Ice Cream for the Lazy Ice Cream Enthusiast
It takes 15 minutes to prep, and it is so easy to make that I wonder why I haven't thought of this before. The texture reminds me of soft-serve ice cream and the taste. Well, the taste is so heavenly that one can't describe it in words. You have to try it for yourself to get what I mean.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 half cup 100% pure pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- some pomegranate pieces for topping, (optional)
Do I Have to 100% Pomegranate Juice?
No, of course not. We all know how expensive pure pomegranate juice is. Feel free to use a Blueberry pomegranate cocktail or something of that nature instead. Just keep in mind that if you want your ice cream to have the most prominent pomegranate taste, 100% pomegranate juice is necessary.
Which Tastes Better: Pomegranate Frozen Yogurt or Pomegranate Ice cream?
Totally up to you. I personally find ice cream a bit too sweet and prefer the tart taste that frozen yogurt has. You will have to experiment to find out what you like best.
Which Is Better: Lime or Lemon Juice?
Once again, this will depend on your preference. When I make Pomegranate ice cream, I just use whatever I have at home, be it lime or lemon, but my personal favourite is lime juice.
- Put all ingredients (except the pomegranate pieces) in a large mixing bowl
- Mix with a spoon for a bit to somewhat blend the juices and the ice cream. You could in theory skip this step, but then you run the risk of covering everything around you in pomegranate juice.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low to medium speeds for around 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plastic 1 litre container and place in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Serve in your preferred way—in a bowl, in a cone, or with pie —and top with pomegranate bits before enjoying
That's How You Make Pomegranate Ice Cream
Now you see why I consider this to be a recipe perfect for the lazy ice cream enthusiast? It takes very little time to make, but it is deeply satisfying.
Please tell me what you thought if you've tried it
Your opinions do matter
I made it!
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Janisa