Barbara loves to cook and bake. She has many signature recipes that she enjoys sharing with family and friends.
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler
Slow cooker recipes are not only great for busy people who don't have a lot of time in the kitchen, but they also work really well for younger folks who don't necessarily have a lot of cooking experience.
I gave this recipe to my nieces, and they love it. The younger one is in elementary school, and she can easily make this cobbler by herself for the family. The older one is in college, and she can whip this up at school for a study break treat with friends.
I love to experiment by combining various fruits to make different kinds of cobblers and pies. I also get many ideas from the recipes I find on the backs of cake mix boxes. This particular recipe I created many years ago as a housewarming gift for a friend.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 hours 20 min
- 6 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 box white cake mix, any brand
- 1/2 cup / 1 stick butter, softened
- Place the peaches in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, pour in the dry cake mix from the box. Use a pastry blender to mix in the butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the cake mixture over the peaches.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with a smile and ice cream.
- If you don't have a pastry blender, you can use a fork.
- When peaches are out of season, I use frozen peaches.
- I sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over my cobblers before I bake them. I might try to do this in the future with this slow cooker recipe.
- I place a towel over my lid and then put a cup over the knob on the pot. This is to keep the heat from escaping. I find that most other people do not do this, and I have not seen a difference one way or the other.
© 2022 Barbara Purvis Hunter