Microwave Steamed Pudding In Under 10 Minutes
I've always loved a good steamed pudding. The simplest of these is steamed jam pudding, but the problem is that they can take hours to steam. Sometimes, however, you fancy a quick method to make this treat—so here's an easy microwaveable recipe for you to try today.
- 28 grams/1oz margarine
- 28 grams/1oz sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 56 grams/2oz self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons syrup (or jam or lemon curd)
- Place the jam in the bottom of a small microwave dish or basin. I always use a 1-pint Pyrex jug.
- In a bowl, beat all the other ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Spoon the pudding mix over the jam.
- Cover the dish with a microwaveable lid or cling film (pierce it).
- Place in your microwave and cook on medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out into a bowl.
Serve immediately with custard or your favourite topping! One idea is to microwave a couple of tablespoons of your topping syrup, mixed with a tablespoon of boiling water, to pour over the pudding to serve. This quick and easy, almost instant microwave-steamed sponge syrup pudding is scrummy!
Although this pudding focused mainly on using jam, you can really use any of your favourite teatime treats. Here are a few ideas:
- Place golden syrup in the bottom of the dish
- Use any flavour jam you like, and place it in the bottom of the dish.
- Place lemon curd placed in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer lemon curd and sultana ingredients through your pudding.
- Simply add cocoa to the basic mix; a tablespoon should be enough. You could also drop in some small pieces of chocolate to melt.
- Add rhubarb and jam to the bottom to make a rhubarb and jam sponge pudding.
I hope you enjoy this steam pudding microwave recipe, a perfect winter warmer.
When you've finished, just squirt a tiny amount of washing-up liquid into the Pyrex jug and fill it with boiling water. By the time you've eaten your pudding, your jug will be ready for a 2-second wipe around and rinse, and then it will be perfectly clean again!
© 2007 Dedicated Content Curator