I've always loved a good steamed pudding. This one can be prepared in just 10 minutes!
Microwave Steamed Pudding In Under 10 Minutes
I've always loved a good steamed pudding. The simplest of these is steamed jam pudding, but the problem is that they can take hours to steam. Sometimes, however, you fancy a quick method to make this treat—so here's an easy microwaveable recipe for you to try today.
- 28 grams/1oz margarine
- 28 grams/1oz sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 56 grams/2oz self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons syrup (or jam or lemon curd)
- Place the jam in the bottom of a small microwave dish or basin. I always use a 1-pint Pyrex jug.
- In a bowl, beat all the other ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Spoon the pudding mix over the jam.
- Cover the dish with a microwaveable lid or cling film (pierce it).
- Place in your microwave and cook on medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out into a bowl.
Serve immediately with custard or your favourite topping!
Read More From Delishably
One idea is to microwave a couple of tablespoons of your topping syrup, mixed with a tablespoon of boiling water, to pour over the pudding to serve.
This quick and easy, almost instant microwave steamed sponge syrup pudding is scrummy!
Although this pudding focused mainly on using jam, you can really use any of your favourite teatime treats. Here are a few ideas:
- Place golden syrup in the bottom of the dish
- Use any flavour jam you like, placed in the bottom of the dish.
- Place lemon curd placed in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer lemon curd and sultana ingredients through your pudding.
- Simply add cocoa to the basic mix; a tablespoon should be enough. You could also drop in some small pieces of chocolate to melt.
- Add rhubarb and jam to the bottom to make a rhubarb and jam sponge pudding.
I hope you enjoy this steam pudding microwave recipe, a perfect winter warmer.
When you've finished, just squirt a tiny amount of washing-up liquid into the Pyrex jug and fill it with boiling water. By the time you've eaten your pudding, your jug will be ready for a 2-second wipe around and rinse, and then it will be perfectly clean again!
© 2007 Dedicated Content Curator