Quick and Easy Microwave Steamed Sponge Pudding
Microwave Steamed Puddings In Under 10 Minutes
I've always loved a good steamed pudding. The simplest of these is steamed jam pudding. But they do take hours to steam and sometimes you fancy a quick method to make a steamed pudding. So here's an easy microwaveable recipe for you to try today.
- 28 grams/1oz margarine
- 28 grams/1oz sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 56 grams/2oz self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of syrup (or jam, or lemon curd)
Method for Microwave Steamed Pudding
- Place the jam in the bottom of a small microwave dish/basin - I always use a 1 pint Pyrex jug.
- Beat all the other ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Spoon the pudding mix over the jam.
- Cover the dish with a microwaveable lid or cling film (pierce it).
- Place in your microwave and cook on medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out into a bowl.
When you've finished, just squirt a tiny amount of washing up liquid into the pyrex jug and fill it with boiing water. By the time you've eaten your pudding, your jug will be ready for a 2 second wipe around and rinse and it's perfectly clean again!
Serve immediately with custard, or your favourite topping!
One top idea is to microwave a couple of spoons of your topping syrup, mixed with a tablespoon of boiling water, to pour over the pudding to serve.
This quick and easy, almost instant microwave steamed sponge syrup pudding is scrummy!
Fillings for Your Steamed Sponge
Although this pudding focused mainly on using jam, you can really use any of your favourite teatime treats. Here are a few ideas:
- Steamed Golden Syrup Pudding, place golden syrup in the bottom of the dish
- Use any flavour jam you like, placed in the bottom of the dish
- Place lemon curd placed in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer lemon curd and sultana ingredients through your pudding
- Simply add cocoa to the basic mix, a tablespoon should be enough. You could also drop in some small pieces of chocolate to melt.
- Add rhubarb and jam to the bottom to make a rhubarb & jam sponge pudding.
I hope you enjoy this steam pudding microwave recipe, a perfect winter warmer.
© 2007 Dedicated Content Curator