Recipe for Caramel Sauce
Caramel Sauce Recipe
Rich, Sweet Caramel Sauce Recipe
Once you have made and tasted this homemade caramel sauce you will use this recipe every time. Soft caramel poured over your desserts will enrich their flavours so much.
- 250 grams light brown sugar
- 160 milliliters thick double cream, or heavy cream
- 50 grams butter
- 60 milliliters water
Step 1: Prepare the Water and Sugar Mixture
- Remove the cream from the fridge.
- Cut up the butter into small knobs.
- Use a large pot because the sauce will do a lot of bubbling as it cooks and you do not want to get burnt.
- Add the water and sugar to the pot and heat slowly until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once this is done turn up the heat under the pot and stir until it is boiling.
- When it is boiling stop stirring and allow to continue to boil.
- Keep an eye on the mixture. It will start to bubble quite a lot but this is supposed to happen.
- Keep on the boil until you see the mixture turn into a caramel colour. This will take about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Do not leave it boiling once it turns the caramel colour because it burns very quickly and will be ruined.
Step 2: Add Cream and Butter
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the cream by slowly pouring it directly into the pot making sure to stir and fold in all the time. You will see more bubbles as you do this but that means you are doing it correctly.
- Stir in the small pieces of butter until dissolved.
- Leave it to cool down.
- Pour into a container or bottle and leave in the fridge until needed.
Step 3: Serving and Storing
- Pour the sauce over ice cream or dessert pies and enjoy a delicious homemade taste.
- Cover the remaining caramel sauce in an airtight container.
- It will stay fresh for up to two weeks in the fridge.
As you can see this dessert recipe really is very quick and easy to make. The homemade taste of the caramel is delicious and will beat any similar sauces you can buy in shops and stores hands down for taste.