L.M.Reid creates delicious recipes and gives step-by-step instructions with her own photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
Recipe for Homemade Dessert
The combination of chocolate and cream is always a delicious explosion of flavour. This particular dessert is so much fun to put together, and one of the best things about this recipe is that it's very easy to add different ingredients, according to your taste.
- 250 ml / 8 oz whipping cream
- 200 grams chocolate sponge
- 2 (59-gram) Aero chocolate mix
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 200 grams marshmallows
Step One: Prepare the Cream
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip with either a handheld whisk or an electric whisk. I prefer to use the handheld one because it does not take long and is less messy when cleaning up.
- Whip the cream until it can stand up in a peak when lightly folded.
- Set the whipped cream aside.
Step Two: Prepare the Chocolate Sauce and Sprinkles
- Break up half the milk chocolate bar into pieces, and put into a small glass.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to come up to three quarters the way of the glass.
- Boil the water and add the glass.
- Stir the chocolate squares until they have melted.
- Add some cream to the melted chocolate very slowly and stir in.
- This will make it taste much better but will also stop the chocolate from hardening while you prepare the rest of this desert.
- Put the remainder of the chocolate on a chopping board or plate and slice up into small chunky pieces.
Step Three: Prepare the Sponge
- Heat up the sponge in the microwave as per the instructions on the container.
- Take out and put in a half portion to each glass.
- You can use any chocolate sponge you like but when I am making this dessert I like to treat myself to a Belgium chocolate brownie pudding.
- This has extra flavour and richness with a delicious dark and milk chocolate sauce.
Step Four: Prepare the Marshmallows
- Cut the marshmallows in half either with your kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
Step Five: Layer It Up and Top It Off
Add each ingredient to the glasses as you choose. Here is what I do:
- Add in half the sponge to the bottom of the glasses.
- About a third of the whipped cream.
- Then half the Aero chocolate and half the marshmallows.
- Add the remainder of the sponge, Aero, and marshmallows in that order.
- The topping is now the remainder of the cream.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings on top of the cream.
- Then pour over the heated chocolate sauce.
How do you rate my dessert recipe?
Chocolate Dessert Surprise
If you decide to make this original recipe you will be delighted with the mixture of chocolate and cream taste. I admit that this dessert recipe is rather unhealthy but we all deserve a treat now and again! I make it when the family is celebrating a special occasion because it is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes for a dinner party.
Fresh Whipped Cream
In Ireland we call this cream Double Cream. In the UK it is called Whipping Cream. I do not know what it is called in the US or other countries. But please do not use that imitation cream from a can. It tastes absolutely horrible. Once you have used the proper cream you will never have that canned stuff in the kitchen again.
You can use any sponge you like. But when I am making this recipe I like to treat myself to a nice Belgium Chocolate Brownie Pudding. It has extra flavour and richness and also a delicious dark chocolate sauce.
You can use any one you like but the bubbly texture of the aero does make a nice difference to the overall taste of this desert.
Top 5 Easy Dessert Recipes
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 23, 2012:
Yes chocolate is naughty but oh so nice to eat lol. Thanks KoffeKlatch for taking the time to leave a comment
Susan Hazelton from Sunny Florida on June 22, 2012:
It sounds positively sinful. I love chocolate. Great hub with great instructions and pictures.
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 21, 2012:
Yes there is nothing better than a lovely chocolate dessert.
Margaret, Tammy and dilipchandra12 thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, share and vote
Dilip Chandra from India on June 18, 2012:
This hub deserves Five Star... awesome work!
Tammy from North Carolina on June 18, 2012:
This is fabulous for all us chocolate lovers. Love the photos! Sharing this one... MMMM...
MargaritaEden from Oregon on June 18, 2012:
wow great job on the photos, this really does show how yammy this recipe must be! Your hub is just making me want to try this recipe!
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 17, 2012:
I do love chocolate with ice cream and all the different ingredients that can be added. Kelly I am sure your son is going to love it too. Thanks for the votes and shares.
MelChi chocolate and marshmallows together is always a great combination. Enjoy it. Thanks for the share and votes
Melanie Chisnall from Cape Town, South Africa on June 16, 2012:
Mmmm, this looks delicious! Will have to give this one a try. Love chocolate and love marshmallows! Thanks for sharing this :) Voted up!!
kelleyward on June 16, 2012:
How did I miss this recipe before? My middle child loves marshmallows I'm making this for him this week! Voted up, 5 stars, and shared! Wow! Looks amazing. Kelley
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 07, 2012:
drbj Thanks that is good to know. I wasn't sure what it was called there, I get a lot of readers from the US.
I know when I come back to this article the photos make me want this dessert again too.
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 07, 2012:
Yes a chocolate dessert is really a nice treat after a good dinner. And what could be better than making it yourself.
Susana this is the perfect recipe for a chocolate lover. Thanks for the vote of 5 stars
Mei I would normally use dark chocolate in my dessert recipes but with this one there is plenty of dark chocolate on the sponge. So it would be too much of an overload here.
Moonlake Yes it really does taste good. Marshmallows cream and chocolate combined together is a wonderful combination. Thanks for the vote
drbj and sherry from south Florida on June 07, 2012:
In the U.S., viking, it is called whipped cream. And I can put on weight just looking at those luscious photos. Chocolate and whipped cream and marshmallows? Food for the gods. And goddesses.
moonlake from America on June 04, 2012:
How delicious I can just taste it. My favorite is marshmallows and cream. Looks good. Voted.
Christine C from Houston, TX on June 04, 2012:
oh my goodness. That looks so delicious. Have you tried the recipe with dark chocolate before? (I love dark chocolate!!)
Susana Suarez from London, UK on June 04, 2012:
It is a fantastic idea, I will use it soon! I am a chocolate lover! By the way, rated it 5 stars!
L M Reid (author) from Ireland on June 04, 2012:
Yes this chocolate dessert is very indulgent and not a recipe to be made often! But it is so nice that it is perfect for that special occasion. Chocolate, marshmallows and cream are a combination that just have to be exploited for our taste buds.
Thank you everyone for taking the time to leave a comment
Ann-Christin from UK on June 04, 2012:
This looks so indulgent and naughty :)
Rosemary Sadler from Hawkes Bay - NewZealand on June 03, 2012:
This look yummy. One I will definitely make next weekend
Martin Kloess from San Francisco on June 03, 2012:
Wow... where are my chocolate chip cookies and whip cream?
Lot Rillera from Philippines on June 03, 2012:
wow I love chocolates, it looks so really delicious ! thanks for sharing. Lot
Vespa Woolf from Peru, South America on June 03, 2012:
Ooh la la...what could be better than chocolate and marshmallows?! Marked for my next dinner party. Thank you!