L.M.Reid creates delicious recipes and gives step-by-step instructions with her own photos so you can learn how to make each recipe at home.
Recipe for Homemade Dessert
The combination of chocolate and cream is always a delicious explosion of flavour. This particular dessert is so much fun to put together, and one of the best things about this recipe is that it's very easy to add different ingredients, according to your taste.
- 250 ml / 8 oz whipping cream
- 200 grams chocolate sponge
- 2 (59-gram) bars Aero chocolate
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 200 grams marshmallows
Step 1: Prepare the Cream
- Pour the cream into a bowl and whip with either a handheld whisk or an electric whisk. I prefer to use the handheld one because it does not take long and is less messy when cleaning up.
- Whip the cream until it can stand up in a peak when lightly folded.
- Set the whipped cream aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Chocolate Sauce and Sprinkles
- Break up half the milk chocolate bar into pieces, and put them into a small glass.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to come up to three-quarters the way up the glass.
- Boil the water and add the glass.
- Stir the chocolate squares until they have melted.
- Add some cream to the melted chocolate very slowly and stir in.
- This will make it taste much better but will also stop the chocolate from hardening while you prepare the rest of this desert.
- Put the remainder of the chocolate on a chopping board or plate and slice up into small chunky pieces.
Read More From Delishably
Step 3: Prepare the Sponge
- Heat up the sponge in the microwave as per the instructions on the container.
- Take out and put a half portion into each glass.
- You can use any chocolate sponge you like but when I am making this dessert I like to treat myself to a Belgium chocolate brownie pudding.
- This has extra flavour and richness with a delicious dark and milk chocolate sauce.
Step 4: Prepare the Marshmallows
Cut the marshmallows in half either with your kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
Step 5: Layer It Up and Top It Off
Add each ingredient to the glasses as you choose. Here is what I do:
- Add in half the sponge to the bottom of the glasses.
- About a third of the whipped cream.
- Then half the Aero chocolate and half the marshmallows.
- Add the remainder of the sponge, Aero, and marshmallows in that order.
- The topping is now the remainder of the cream.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings on top of the cream.
- Then pour over the heated chocolate sauce.
Chocolate Dessert Surprise
If you decide to make this original recipe you will be delighted with the mixture of chocolate and cream taste. I admit that this dessert recipe is rather unhealthy but we all deserve a treat now and again! I make it when the family is celebrating a special occasion because it is one of my favorite easy dessert recipes for a dinner party.
- Fresh whipped cream: In Ireland we call this cream double cream. In the UK it is called whipping cream. I do not know what it is called in the U.S. or other countries, but please do not use that imitation cream from a can. It tastes absolutely horrible. Once you have used the proper cream you will never have that canned stuff in the kitchen again.
- Sponge: You can use any sponge you like. But when I am making this recipe I like to treat myself to a nice Belgian chocolate brownie pudding. It has extra flavour and richness and also a delicious dark chocolate sauce.
- Aero chocolate: You can use any chocolate bar you like, but the bubbly texture of the Aero does make a nice difference to the overall taste of this dessert.