I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Level Up Your Rice Krispie Treats
These rainbow Rice Krispie treats are a kid favorite in our house. Chewy, sweet, and full of festive sprinkles, they are perfect for any party or get-together. The secret ingredient is vanilla extract, which takes these to the next level!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 (10-oz) package mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (this is the secret ingredient!)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a pot on low heat.
- Once butter is mostly melted, add in the entire package of marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Continue to stir periodically until the marshmallows are mostly melted. Turn off the heat. Add salt, vanilla extract, and Rice Krispies.
- Stir quickly to incorporate all ingredients and coat the cereal in marshmallows.
- Pour the Rice Krispie mixture into the pan. Using wet hands, gently press the mixture to flatten.
- Pour the sprinkles on top and refrigerate until the treats have cooled.
- Once cooled, cut the treats into squares and enjoy!
What Do You Think?
© 2022 Lisa Bean